Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I applied the paint by squeezing out the water in the tip of my aquapainter, then dipping it into the lid of my paint. It goes on very easy and dries fast.
Here is a close up of the glitter... but you really have to see it in person to get the full SHAZAM effect! *wink*
Here are the card details:
Stamps: Hula Hanna (Hanna Stamps)
Paper: Neenah White, Certainly Celery (SU!), Prism Blush Dark Red, A Shore Thing (Imaginisce).
Ink: Ranger Distress Black Soot, Copic Markers.
Other: Shimmerz Celery and Magenta Paint, 3/4 inch and 1 inch Circle Punches, Dimensionals, Crafter's Tool Kit, Celery Brads, Scor-Pal.
Have a super day! I'm going to find more things to Shimmerize!!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Here is a closer look at the Shimmeryness! ;)
I hope you enjoy! Stamps are all from Inkadinkado, Patterned Paper: Basic Grey; Jewels are from Prima!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Having a little playtime with my Shimmerz!!! and I just added a whole bunch of new colors to my collection. In the meantime, here's a little sample for someone special!!!! She's a true friend. We both love stamping, creating and papercrafting. I love that we can be honest, genuine and critical of each other's work without being offended or offending - and I've never felt that it was a competition between us - very mutual respect. Off it goes in the mail to her...
Card details - the base is SU Marigold cardstock - I wish for the life of me I could remember the pattern paper because I really love it - I know I have more - I store my pattern paper by company and short of going through each of my pattern paper sleeves.... well - I just can't remember. I know that either Kim or Lori will probably know the minute they see it.... let me know - ok? The rubber stamps are from Kim Hughes Collection at Cornish Heritage Farms. The stamped swirls on the background were done using pigment ink. Tree was stamped twice, cut out and paper pieced (love that technique) and a perfect little song bird is from Prima (painted of course with Shimmerz). Sentiment was computer generated and paper handcut for little banner. Hope you enjoy and can get a glimpse of what Shimmerz can add to your papercrafting enjoyment. Enjoy and Create, Lila
Thursday, July 17, 2008
I finally got into my scrap room after a whole week off! Well I am back and I opened up a little jar of Ultra Marine Shimmerz to get my mojo flowing! I used it on the border of this Jenni Bowlin paper, on the blue chipboard star from Pressed Petals and the Heidi Swapp Ghost star.
Thanks for lookin'! Let me know what you think!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Shimmerz are acid-free and safe for your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects. Unlike glitter and some chunky glitter glues, there are no large particles to dislodge and scratch your precious photos.
If you have a moment, stop by Lori Renn's blog today. She made a gorgeous card using the Key Lime Shimmerz. Great card, Lori!
Keep on Shimmerin'!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
(1) Create your project and use Shimmerz.
(2) Post the photo and recipe for the project to your blog, gallery, or photo album and include a link to Shimmerz at http://shimmerzpaints.blogspot.com somewhere in the recipe or post.
(3) E-mail Shimmerz at email@example.com with the direct link to the specific blog post or gallery item where the project & link can be found during the month it was posted.
(4) Double your chances to win! You can post a single project on your blog AND in a gallery, for example. Send us 2 e-mails – one for each specific link – and have twice as many chances to win. Each post can be entered only once.
(5) We’ll conduct a drawing soon after each month ends. One lucky winner will receive 5 full-size jars of Shimmerz paints and another winner will win 3 jars. Be sure to check our blog to see if you’re a lucky winner!
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the contest. Can't wait to see all your wonderful projects! Shimmer on!