Monday, July 14, 2014

A bit of Shabby Chic fun! Video Tutorial!


Hi everyone!  Gabrielle here with you today to share with you another 8x10 canvas I made using a variety of Shimmerz products!  This time around I thought I would go for a Shabby-chic design.  For this project I used the following  Shimmerz products...


As always I thought it would be best to show you all my process by making a video tutorial that shows all the steps in creating this canvas.  I did make the actual corset embellishment that is the centerpiece of the project with some Martha Stewart air dry clay, it's easily made so I figured that you didn't need a tutorial on making the embellishment.  (BTW, I know that many of you asked for a video tutorial on how I made the Mermaids Tail in the last video I made for Shimmerz so I got that done over the weekend, you can find the video tutorial for the Mermaids Tail HERE.  So if you needed that extra little bit of help to make your own mermaid project just click on the link and you've got it :)   So here you go, enjoy! xo



I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and will give some of these techniques a try....here are a few close-ups that you can view at your own pace...


I love the deep bronze shimmer the Brass Knuckles Inklingz, it really got me the look of a vintage mirror frame (Dusty Attic's Ornate Frame #3) that I was going for.


The soft pearly look of the Tutti-Frutti dazzlers gives the corset a lovely feminine shabby-chic look.


It's hard to see it in this photo but there are these beautiful shimmery bits of mica in the Sugar Plum Shimmerz paint that adds a subtle amount of glitter to the background design (you can see it better in the video).


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and hope that you will give these wonderful products and fun techniques a try in your mixed media projects!  And don't forget to get your BONUS/Free Shimmerz product in your next order, just put my name "Gabrielle' into the INSTRUCTIONS FOR MERCHANT part of your order and your will receive a FREE Bottle of Shimmerz or Dimensionz or a sample size jar of Dazzlerz or Texturez in the color of your choice!  xo


No comments: