Monday, September 8, 2014

Gelli Print Doodle Page with Shimmerz Paints

Hi and Happy Monday!  Tina here today with a new Shimmerz project; a Gelli Print Doodle page.


Gelli Printing and Doodling are a new found love of mine, so why not combine them together to create unique, one-of-a-kind art?

When  I create Gelli Prints, I usually create several at once, keeping my creations in a drawer for use later.

I created this Gelli Print during one of those sessions and thought it would be perfect for my Doodle page.


Gelli prints are great ready-made backgrounds SO perfect for any type of project.  To start my Doodle page, I drew a circle on my page, using a paper bowl as a guide.


I then added hand-drawn flowers and designs in and around the circle.


To begin building color and pattern, I painted each design using Coloringz sprays.  Love using sprays for 'paints' because the background color and pattern of the Gelli Print can still be visible.

(I also used Shimmerz paints for several areas)



Doesn't that look yummy?

I then outlined each design with a black pen.


To create a whimsical touch, I added more pattern and design Acrylic Paint markers.


I kept embellishing each flower and design with markers and doodling pens until I was happy with the finished page.

Here's several close-ups of the yummy detail.




I also 'painted' the outside of the circle with more spray.  I seriously love they add subtle color and allow the Gelli Print to peek through.




Thank you for stopping by today!  Remember, if you place an order, mention my name in the 'Instructions to Merchant' section and you will receive FREE product.

Have a wonderful day!

Shimmerz Products used:
Coloringz: Mandarian Mai Tai, Heidi Ho Blue, Pink Stilletos, No Yoking
Vibez: Hermit the Frog, Before Dawn
Spritz: Ruby
Shimmerz: Sunny, Evergreen
Dimensionz: Green Thumb



No comments: