Wednesday, September 3, 2014

having a great time!

Hi there Shimmerz friends!
Ingrid here today with an altered alarm clock.
Had a lot of fun making this clock with a photo of hubby and me on our last vacation to Greece.
We had the best time and I thought this was a great way to remind us of our trip.

Skiathos (on the left bell) is the name of the gorgeous small island.
These Shimmerz colors were perfect to match the photo.

I started to cover up the clock with the small paper bills from our meals and drinks. 
Used some Mod Podge to glue them down.
Once dry, I started to paint the clock with all the Shimmerz.

I used the following products:
Vibez: Jeni B Blue
Spritz: Truffle
Spritz: Treasured Hymn
Dazzelerz: Gummy Berry Blue
Shimmerz: Antique Lace
Shimmerz: Butter Cream
Shimmerz: Tickle me turquoise
Inklingz: Tarnished Treasure


These metal embellishments got a touch of some gesso first and when dry, 
some of the Inklingz, Tanished Treasure.

All the chipboard is from Dusty Attic and they only got a coat of gesso.

After all the paints, I randomly dabbed some gesso using a kitchen sponge.

Of course all my flowers were painted with Shimmerz.
A great and easy way for matching colors.


Hope you all will have a great time playing with Shimmerz!
If you place an order, remember to mention my name during check out, 
and you will get a FREE sample of your color choice!

Enjoy your day! 
Ingrid xxx

No comments: