Monday, October 27, 2014

Shabby Chic Wall Art


Hi Shimmerz fans! Gabrielle here with you today to share something a little bit different.  I love browsing Pinterest, lots of inspiring artwork to be found there.  I've been admiring the fashion drawings of Katie Rodgers and thought I'd like to try doing a little fashion sketch using my Shimmerz Paints.


Here are the Shimmerz Products I used for this project:

~ Tuscan Sun Spritz
~ Pumped Up Purple Coloringz (NEW)
~ Cotton Candy Spritz
~ Hot Fudge Vibez
~ Shades of Grey Coloringz (NEW)
~ Peek-a-boo Pink Inklingz
~ Imperial Amethyst Inklingz (NEW)
~ Blue My Mind Inklingz
~ Pugnacious Purple Inklingz

As always, I've created a video tutorial to show this project from start to finish...sketching out the design, painting it to completion.  Enjoy!....




I hope you enjoyed watching the process, ...here are a few close-ups of the project to enjoy at your leisure...


One of my favorite parts of this project was using the masking fluid with the water color paints, and then rubbing it off to the the almost glittery look to the dress.


I couldn't resist adding a bit of texture to the design with some texture paste and a stencil....then giving the design a wash of  a variety of colors from the Inklingz collections.

I framed this project and will be giving it as a gift for my beautiful sister for her home office.  She has a bright and pretty shabby chic theme going in her office so I thought this would be a nice surprise for her.

Before I sign off for today I just wanted to make sure you are all aware of the amazing sale going on at the Shimmerz Store, they have 5 beautiful Seasonal Sets for a reduced package price, along with a Special offer.....


With any purchase of $50.00 or more you get the above gift set for FREE!  And don't forget, if you mention my name "Gabrielle" in your message to seller, you will get a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz product in the color of your choice!  How awesome is that!

Thanks for stopping by the Shimmerz Blog today, I hope I've inspired you to get your paints out and play! xo


2 comments:

Janene said...

STUNNING!!!!

Lydell Quin said...

She turned out so beautifully!!!!