Saturday, January 10, 2015

Beginning the New Year with Tranquility!


Hi Shimmerz Fans! It's Gabrielle here with you today to share with you my latest Mixed Media Canvas using some of those, oh so gorgeous Shimmerz paints products!  This month I combined Shimmerz Paints with some of my favorite Dusty Attic Chipboard pieces.  I based my project on the January Mood Board from Dusty Attic.  I found all the perfect colors to match the moodboard in my Shimmerz paints stash!  Here are the Shimmerz Paints products I used for this project....


Shimmerz Paints Products used in this project:

~ Moody Mauve Coloringz
~ Heidi Ho Blue Coloringz
~ Tuscan Sun Spritz
~ Don't Be Suede Coloringz
~ A Shade of Grey Coloringz
~ Spiced Cider Blingz
~ Blue My Mind Inklingz
~ Good as Gold Inkingz
~ Gosh Garnet Inklingz

Yep, I used a lot of Coloringz...I just love the rich intense color you get with these color sprays!  As always, I created a Video Tutorial for you all, so that you can see step by step how I put this project together.  Grab yourself your favorite beverage, kick back, relax and enjoy!....


Here are a few close-ups of today's project that you can view at your leisure...


I love the lovely metalic sheen the Inklingz give to the chipboard pieces!


I like to apply my colors in 2 ways, layering them on and drying between layers....this can give a nice intense coloring to your project.  I also like to apply complimentary colors in different sections of the canvas at the same time and let the colors blend together in some areas, this creates a variety of colors on your canvas.  As you can see above adding the Blue My Mind Inklings to the Good as Gold while still wet, created a lovely hints of green on my chipboard pieces.


I love the intense blue I got with the Heidi Ho Blue Coloringz. To get even more depth of color, I added a spritz of 'A Shade of Grey' Coloringz to each of the corners layering it over the blue....this gave me deep intense color on my canvas.


I hope you all enjoyed my project and video tutorial today!  And hope I've inspired you to give these gorgeous products a go!  You can order your own Shimmerz Paints directly from their website Shimmerz Paints Store, and don't forget!....Just mention my name 'Gabrielle' in the 'Instructions to Merchant/seller' part of your next Shimmerz paint purchase and you will get a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paints product in the color of your choice!


3 comments:

rkramadh said...

What a gorgeous project!! I love the colors and textures and of course butterflies and flourishes! Very classy! PEACE...Yes, this beautiful planet needs that NOW.

rkramadh said...

Sorry for double comments but I find the Shimmerz products confusing. I went to their site, I see diff sprays/spritzs and some I know are paints. I want just spray colors. The Moody Mauve you show here is dark burgundy looking while the site shows that color to be pale violet (mauve..). I want the darker one you show. Does it show up that dark? Thanks in advance.

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Hi there, sorry I just now saw your question. You can find all the sprays under the headings 'Coloringz', 'Spritz', and 'Vibez'...the moody mauve looks darker in the bottle (when wet), it has a nice rich, strong color (one of my favorites) but it does dry slightly lighter....it does look lighter in the sample pic. Another fav color for me is the "Punked Up Purple" a nice smokey plum color;)