Saturday, April 18, 2015

Beach Boy - A layout with Karine

Hi,

It's my turn, today, to present a layout on Shimmerz's blog. I chose to create a layout a little bit more freestyle than I'm used to, with a lot less flowers. On my background paper (an Off the Wall paper from Kaisercraft), I applied clear gesso. I then applied some lace, canevas, masking tape and washi tape vertically, in the center of the layout. After everything was in place, I covered it with white gesso.

Then comes the fun part: the mediums. I used Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue first, then, with a paint brush, I added Shimmerz Ultramarine to deepen the color. To add more texture to my layout, I used Texturez in Tidy Widy through a stencil. A few stamps with Archival ink in Jet Black, some embellishments and it was almost done. I used the same two colors of blue to alter my metal embellishments from Prima. I even coloured the micro-beads that I put in the bottle cap. All that was missing was a title. I didn't find what I was looking for in my stash, so I decided to create it. On watercolour paper, I traced my letters lightly with a pencil. I used a fine paint brush to paint Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue on the letters. I then added Shimmerz Ultramarine to give the letters some depth. Here is the result:










You can order Shimmerz products directly from the Shimmerz Paints Store. If you do, don't forget to mention my name (Karine Gagnon) in the «Instruction to Merchant/seller» part of your order form (just below your name and address). After clicking «add», you'll get a FREE product in the color of your choice. 

No comments: