Saturday, June 20, 2015

Drama - A layout with Karine

Hi,

I'm sharing today a layout I made last fall when I was teaching a workshop about beautiful Shimmerz paints. Here is my layout.


As always, my first step was to apply a thin coat of gesso (white, here) to my background paper. Next, I applied modeling paste through a stencil to add a bit of texture to my background. Once it was dry, I had fun with colors. I used Shimmerz in Celery, Sugar Plum and in Tickle-me-Turquoise. To blend the colors together, I used water.


You can see on the picture above that I also colored chipboards with the Shimmerz. You just have to give a thin coat of gesso first, to prime the chipboard, and you're ready to add the color. In addition, the white flower with a purple centre was coloured with the same Shimmerz.


This last picture show you that I used those same little jars to add some color to my resist canevas. I tore it and layered it behind my photo. Shimmerz can be used in so many ways!

***

You can order Shimmerz products directly from the Shimmerz Paints Store. If you do, don't forget to mention my name (Karine Gagnon) in the «Instruction to Merchant/seller» part of your order form (just below your name and address). After clicking «add», you'll get a FREE product in the color of your choice. 



3 comments:

Valia Katzaki said...

Stunning, love the use of colors here!

Jill said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

K said...

Thanks ladies!