Friday, October 2, 2015

Altered Pumpkin with Shona

Hello Shimmerz Fans! Today I have a fun Off the Page Pumpkin from my Flying Unicron Oct kit. The pumpkin is paper mache and actually quite big! First I painted it white with gesso. Next I added some crackle paste and let that dry over night. Time to add some soft pastel colors with some yummy Shimmerz!
 
 
I used 3 Sprtiz colors to cover my pumpkin..starting with the lightest to the darkest. After each coat I sprayed water on it to soften the colors as I wanted my finished project to be soft pastel colors. First up was one of my favs…….Tuscan Sun Spritz.
 

 
I added some Terra Cotta and than 4 Leaf Clover Spritz…drying between each color with a heat tool. I just love how when it seeps into the cracks and shows slightly darker.
 

 
My finishing touches are drops of Brass Knuckles and Sun Kissed Inklingz with some touches of Gesso on the embellishments.
 
On your next Shimmerz order, mention my name (in the notes to merchant) and Stacey will send you a sample for FREE!!!! Swing on by our Facebook page for more inspiration and watch out for giveaways and links to the NEW Shimmerz Shortz videos! Take care and happy Scrapping!

No comments: