Thursday, November 19, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial with Gabrielle


Hello lovely Shimmerz Fans! It's Gabrielle here with you today to share a canvas I made recently using some new Shimmerz Paints products!  I was inspired to make this canvas when I got this cute rose ribbon from a friend of mine.  I thought of those pretty dresses I sometimes see on Pinterest....so I grabbed myself some complimentary Shimmerz Paints and got started.


I was going for a shabby-chic look so I wanted very subtle hints of color on my light background paper.  So I chose a couple of the Shimmerz Creameez paints: 'Ride the Tide' and 'Sage It Isn't So'.

I created a little video tutorial to show step by step how this little canvas was put together....so grab your favorite beverage and enjoy a little break while you view it! ....


I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial...as always I like to show a few close-ups here on the blog that you can view at your leisure.


I used a variety of Dusty Attic chipboard to accent my canvas....these I simply painted with some white Gesso and brushed with a little brown chalk ink.  I used Maja Design paper for the background, I love the soft canvas it gives me, allowing me to add colors of my choice.  I used the blue and green of the Shimmerz paints directly behind the corset, this helps the soft white corset to stand out from the background.


Here is a close-up of the rose ribbon I used for the skirt design....I added a few tiny Prima daisies to accent the skirt.


I hope my project today has inspired you to pull out your Shimmerz Paints to play! ....Don't have these colors?  Just head on over to the Shimmerz Paints store and order your's today! Remember....If you want to get a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paints product with your next order, be sure to mention my name "Gabrielle' in the Instructions to Merchant part of your order and Shimmerz will send you a free Shimmerz Paints product in the color of your choice!  Thanks so much for stopping by the Shimmerz blog today!





No comments: